new upload system

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Luc Grollie Luc Grollie Post 1 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
the new upload system isn't working 100% imho.
seems impossible to select the right category.
tags are mixed in German and english
has this been tested properly ?
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 66
1 x Thank You
link
echoing Luc:
couldn't upload after numerous attempts
the assign category box doesn't respond
mixture of english and german confusing
please fix this bug
xxx xxx Post 3 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
I'm a cosmopolite person. since 2005 member here.
Witnessed many changements during that time.
I'm flexible to renewals.
BUT: THIS here is the top of an unintelligent turning upside down.
does fc see us as human paying guinea pigs?
The sentence "have fun in the fotocommunity" is imho a spoof!
Matthias Moritz Matthias Moritz   Post 4 of 66
1 x Thank You
link
Dear members,

we do have technical trouble concerning the upload function. Our technical staff is working hard to solve that problem.
Please be aware, that such a website today is a system with high complexity. During the beta phase a lot of bugs were eliminated and nobody, even our participating members did notice any trouble with the upload.

Right now we are checking, which part of the live program caused this failure.
Harold Thompson Harold Thompson Post 5 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
Matthias
During the test period trying to upload photos reverted you back to the old system i was surprised yesterday to the new system on line
Harold
Matthias Moritz Matthias Moritz   Post 6 of 66
1 x Thank You
link
The upload system should work by now.
Luc Grollie Luc Grollie Post 7 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
the upload system is indeed now working, but....
still mixture of English and German and capital letters are not availablein tags, bit annoying using Latin names or user's name (minor problem)
greetz,
Matthias Moritz Matthias Moritz   Post 8 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks, Luc, for your feedback.

The programmers are working to eliminate such errors during the next days.
E. Haamel OLD SCOOL E. Haamel OLD SCOOL   Post 9 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
hello ,having problems with uploading pictures on the end, always get error ????????????
Matthias Moritz Matthias Moritz   Post 10 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
I just checked it, upload is working fine.
Which error was indicated?
Bernard.Backpacker Bernard.Backpacker Post 11 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
Hello everybody,
I'm still pissed off by this new version, my photo in portrait framing is now too small, then in reality it's more biggest.
The interogation signs in the title or in the picture description are refused for uploading & editing of the photo
Please see by yourself and do also the test to write when you upload "why???"

street concert (1) street concert (1… Bernard.Backpacke… 07.05.16 25

Nice week end
Bernard.Backpacker Bernard.Backpacker Post 12 of 66
1 x Thank You
link
Quote: E. haamel 29.04.16, 15:13To the cited posthello ,having problems with uploading pictures on the end, always get error ????????????

You can't upload with signs "?" in the title or description, the photo is refused
I just checked it
For " ???"
error :
"There is a problem in your information.
Please make sure you filled in all required fields and that you photos are in the right format.
•Mandatory fields: Category, title, folder
•Acceptable file formats: JPG/JPEG
Please add the information in the corresponding place. "

I ONLY delete "???"
all was O.K. :-))

Bernard
Harold Thompson Harold Thompson Post 13 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
Hi To Admin

I am writing this due to reading in various areas of the site ie front age and in forums about the feelings of the new version of FC

Regards the first issue which was the uploading of photos when launched this had not been able to be tested as it took you back to the old system I assumed that this was either being worked on or wrongly that you were using the old one still Oops wrong

I sent emails via this email sheet getting no reply's yet you ask for comments. Guess what no reply's.

Having seen various comments regards these items in forum and in the item on the front page saying new format on line seeing repeatedly that comments are made through this and maybe other methods i think it discourteous for a website like this with its numerous members. I know it seems to be only a small number who are writing but could this be due to members not knowing where to send them

The only reference to the problem i have seen so far was on the forum saying you we were having technical problems then followed by a its now working then the explosion of complaints even today as more members are getting to see the did areas to read them

I think a member of Admin should publish a reply to these concerns in a place where they can be seen by everybody without delay maybe an email to all on all languages as it seems to be common in the complaints. Sadly what was a good site is now spoilt you look like losing maybe only a small number, considering your membership numbers, but bad 'news' soon gets around

I have seen that it has taken two years to put the new FC together and in less than one week there are many unhappy members, and some even saying that they will leave.

Maybe a small cog

But please reply ASAP

Disgruntled H Thompson
Matthias Moritz Matthias Moritz   Post 14 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
Dear members

the correct way to express complaints about technical problems or other issues towards administration is our support line. The forum is implemented as a platform for free speech and discussion for our members and we as admins are urged to restrain ourselves. We will not take part in discussions in public, but just accept your opinion posted here. Nevertheless we pick up some issues to be discussed during manager conferences to solve different problems.

However, I will give a short statement to ask for your understanding:

This relaunch is just the beginning of more improvements and changes coming in the next future. Let me emphasize one important issue: this website was first developed and started in the beginning of this millenium.

If you have a car 15 years old you will know, how difficult it might be to get spare parts and how expensive they are.

There was no way to improve fotocommunity and to add new features without to renew from the inside out, no alternative to keep that website "old" and familiar using still a level of technology that is history for programmers.

fotocommunity took a chance to renew the system in a way comparable to a open-heart surgery. And besides some glitches and serious failures, which have been eliminated as fast as possible, we are on a good path to get it done.

What would have been the alternative? Think about your old car. One day or the other its on the junkyard ...

This is my statement as administrator. I will not discuss within this thread. If you have any official complaint, please contact our support line or message me personally. Thank you!

Matthias Moritz
Last edited by Matthias Moritz on 30.04.16, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Harold Thompson Harold Thompson Post 15 of 66
0 x Thank You
link
HI Matthias
Thank you for this reply but please note this will only be seen by members who come into forum This seemed to be the only way to get a response from Admin so thank you once again
Harold
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the